This is a quick and easy meal I just made up for after the gym today. It was delicious and took about 10 minutes to make!
4 Small Mushrooms
Handful of Spinach
1 Wheat Pita Bread
Good Whole Kernel Mustard
1. Slice up the mushrooms and put them in a pan coated with cooking spray over med-high heat. Meanwhile season shrimp (I used 9) with some garlic salt and pepper.
2. Add shrimp into pan once mushrooms are about half way done. Turn shrimp after about 4 minutes.
3. Once shrimp is almost cooked (about 4ish minutes a side) add in spinach and put a lid on the pan. Lid doesn’t need to fit we are just looking for some heat to wilt the spinach!
4. Microwave pita bread for 30 seconds. Spread with your favorite whole kernel mustard. I used a Bavarian Beer Mustard that I am in love with (Old Mountain Valley Farms). Next add on some sun-dried tomatoes. I love these but don’t care for all of the oil that they are packed in so I put the tomatoes in a wad of paper towel and squeeze out the oil.
5. Next put a few slices of fresh tomato the pita and top with the spinach, shrimp & mushroom mix.
6. Fold and enjoy : )