Normally I have relatively coherent posts but today I’m in the mood for a bulleted list of things on my mind, enjoy!
- I have decided to not make up the miles I missed yesterday thanks to all of your kind words. I agree with all of you that it would be silly to risk hurting myself a week before a race and to just let it go. Plus my running schedule doesn’t take into account all the other things I do like soccer.
- I just purchased a stability ball to bring to work and use as a desk chair! I went off of reviews and found one that came with a pump. The unfortunate thing is that it is pink… My desk is positioned so you can’t really see under it so hopefully it isn’t too obnoxious. If it is oh well. I try really hard to pay attention to my posture but sometime I end up trying to lounge out and its probably pretty horrible for my back. Plus I think a ball would be fun, I will be able to bounce and bop around!
- I purchased Insanity… I don’t think I have mentioned this yet. So last weekend Sasha had me up bright and early but I didn’t want to do anything so I sat down and turned on the TV. An infomercial for Insanity was on and it totally wooed me so I bought it… I really do love the fast paced work outs better than running. GASP. I know I know. But to me jumping around and kicking butt for an hour is way more fun than running. I have learned they both have a time and a place!
- I just got an email from my apartment saying I have a delivery. It is either Insanity or it is AMRAP Bars! I can’t tell you how much I love these and how much I’m hoping it is them. I have not found a better fuel source for before a long run than these bars. I am obsessed with them and have missed them dearly. As long as I get them before next weekend I will be a happy camper. I HIGHLY recommend trying them. Bonus: Paleo friendly!
- After some soul searching I am realizing that I am very blah about my current training plan. As soon as this half is done with I am going to take a week of doing whatever work outs I feel like and then I’ll start another training plan. BUT I am making this training plan all by myself. I will take into account strength training days, soccer games, rugby practices, rugby games, Insanity, and will plan all my Sunday long runs to be out at a hiking trail nearby. Also instead of the speed work outs that I do on the treadmill I am going to find a nice hilly course and work in some hill runs. I think I am going to be a much happier camper. Plus it’s fun making the plan!
- I totally killed my run today. The gym session started out crappy because I forgot my headphones, the idea of hopping on a treadmill without music or the TV was slightly unnerving, it ended even better because I had no hair brush! Then the TV for my machine didn’t have CC. What the french world, what the french. I had some pretty severe burning in my shins for the first mile but once I had to jump up the pace for the speedy parts I felt good. I am very aware of the fact that it is a total fluke when I run sub 8 minute miles, those things are brutal.
Now tell me some fun randomness happening in your world!
Categories: Random Musings