This recipe was adopted from PaleOMG. I’m incredibly happy how it came out and will list what I used. If you want to see the original recipe click here.
• 1.5 lbs of beef stew meat, cut into bite sized pieces
• 1 package whole button mushrooms, quartered
• 1/2 lb (about 2 bunches) cremini mushrooms
• 1/2 large sweet potato, chopped
• 5 small garlic cloves, peeled, smashed, and chopped
• 1/2 large sweet yellow onion, chopped
• 6 strips of bacon, and resulting bacon fat
• 1 cup beef broth
• 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
• 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons onion powder
• 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
• 1 teaspoon dried sage
• 1 teaspoon dried parsley
• salt and pepper
1 – Chop up all the goods, including bacon
2 – Place vegetables and garlic in the crock pot
3 – Add in meat, sprinkle bacon on top
4 – Add in broth, vinegars, and bacon fat
5 – Add in spices
6 – Cook on low for 6-8 hours
7 – Remove all the goodies from the pot with a slotted spoon and poor ju into a fat drainer, save the ju for whatever you life! It tastes delicious and can be used for a million different things!
**On another note, as I’m sure you all know it is election day! Get out there and vote people!! I don’t care who you vote for just do it. I waited in line for three hours this morning (I got there at 7:30!!) to vote. If I can do it so can you!
Q: Did you vote today? How long was your wait? What was the best people watching that you were exposed to?! Was it better than walmart?!